Wednesday, November 26, 2008

facebook 102 -- answers to your questions

after my facebook 101 post, I got some really good questions and comments. I decided to add an extra post to address those.

why are you on facebook?
at first, I joined facebook because my hubby was on there, and he had found some good friends of ours that had moved away from waco on facebook. I wanted to reconnect with them as well. once I was on it, I was hooked. I use it as an easy way to share pictures with my friends, to keep up with new friends, and to reconnect with friends from high school or my hometown. I have also started using it to create deeper friendships with people that I have become friends with on twitter.

what is a wall?
every person on facebook has a section of their facebook profile that is called a wall. the wall is where your status updates show up, where your friends can write notes to you, where the pictures that you have posted, and gifts you have received on facebook will show up.


what do the different privacy settings mean?
in my facebook 101 post, I walked you through how to change your privacy settings. below is an explanation of what the different settings are:

my network and friends -- people that you have accepted as friends and people in your network can see

friends of friends -- people that you have accepted as friends and the people that they have accepted as friend can see

only friends -- only the people that you have accepted as friends can see

no one -- no one can see


thanks for all the comments, keep them coming!! I will have a new post up on sunday on profile pictures!

No comments: