- type your update like you normally would
- when you get to the part in your update where you want the tag to be, just type the @ sign and then start typing the person's name (no space between the "@" sign and the person's name)
- a list will then populate below where you are typing and all you have to do is click on the name of the person or page you want to tag (if they don't show up at first, keep typing and they will)
- now finish typing your update and click on share
Sunday, August 8, 2010
you may have noticed that you can now tag people when you update your status on facebook (it turns thier name blue and hyperlinks to their page). you can do this for people that your are friends with or pages that you like on facebook, here's how:
Friday, August 6, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
despite our awful weather this morning, we still had 10 people for the waco social media breakfast. our topic was an open forum on twitter. karla patterson did a great recap of the meeting on the social media breakfast blog!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
this past week I had the pleasure of giving my "how to be a social media butterfly" talk to another group of abwa women. so, I figured I would share my presentation with you!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
for the longest time, I thought you had to have expensive photo editing software to make a cartoonized picture, but I have discovered how to do it in picasa. now, it might not be as good as the results from more expensive software, picasa is free and easy to use and that means a lot to me.
- double-click on the picture you want to cartoonize in picasa
- click on effects
- click on saturation and drag the bar all the way to the right for the most saturation
- click on apply
- click on tuning
- drag highlights and shadows until you get the picture to look the way you want it to
- click on apply
Sunday, February 7, 2010
one of the coolest things that you can do with picasa is add a slideshow of your pictures to your blog posts or website and it's really easy to do:
- put all the photos you want in the slideshow in one folder.
- in picasa, click on the sync button to sync your (folder) album to the web.
- log into the picasa webpage.
- click on the album with the pictures for the slideshow.
- click on link to this album (in the menu pane on the right-hand side).
- click on embed slideshow.
- a window will then pop up for you to select your settings and give you the code to copy into your blog or website.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
one of the coolest things you can do on your show your readers what your top posts are. for that I use post rank and here is how you set it up:
- go to the post rank website at http://www.postrank.com/publishers and choose your blogging platform from the get widget drop down (for these instructions I used blogger).
- enter your blog's URL in the website: field (sometime it may take a while for it to index your blog)
- choose the color scheme and the number of posts that your want to display
- you can then click on add to blogger or copy the code onto your website