Tuesday, February 23, 2010
despite our awful weather this morning, we still had 10 people for the waco social media breakfast. our topic was an open forum on twitter. karla patterson did a great recap of the meeting on the social media breakfast blog!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
this past week I had the pleasure of giving my "how to be a social media butterfly" talk to another group of abwa women. so, I figured I would share my presentation with you!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
for the longest time, I thought you had to have expensive photo editing software to make a cartoonized picture, but I have discovered how to do it in picasa. now, it might not be as good as the results from more expensive software, picasa is free and easy to use and that means a lot to me.
- double-click on the picture you want to cartoonize in picasa
- click on effects
- click on saturation and drag the bar all the way to the right for the most saturation
- click on apply
- click on tuning
- drag highlights and shadows until you get the picture to look the way you want it to
- click on apply
Sunday, February 7, 2010
one of the coolest things that you can do with picasa is add a slideshow of your pictures to your blog posts or website and it's really easy to do:
- put all the photos you want in the slideshow in one folder.
- in picasa, click on the sync button to sync your (folder) album to the web.
- log into the picasa webpage.
- click on the album with the pictures for the slideshow.
- click on link to this album (in the menu pane on the right-hand side).
- click on embed slideshow.
- a window will then pop up for you to select your settings and give you the code to copy into your blog or website.