Sunday, December 28, 2008

facebook 301 -- limiting your profile

as I make more and more friends on twitter and through my blog, I am getting more friend requests from people on facebook that I don't know "in real life." I've been pretty open with what I share on facebook, so I wanted a way to limit what some of my "friends" could see about me on facebook. here is what I have set up:
  1. set up a group of the people that you want to limit
  2. click "settings" on your facebook toolbar and click "privacy settings"
  3. click "profile"
  4. click "customize" for the items that you do not want the group to see
  5. in the "who can see this" window that pops up, add the group name to the "except these people" section listed at the bottom
  6. click "ok"
  7. repeat steps 4-6 for all the items that you do not want the group to see
see how easy that was!

No comments: