Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users' updates (known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length. Updates are displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have signed up to receive them. Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends (delivery to everyone being the default). Users can send and receive updates via the Twitter website, SMS,RSS (receive only), or through applications such as Tweetie, Twitterrific, and Feedalizr. The service is free to use over the web, but using SMS may incur phone services provider fees.
it is a great way to connect with others on-line and to form a community where you can share thoughts/ideas with others.
here's how to get started:
- go to the twitter website at www.twitter.com .
- click on get started-join! in the green box at the bottom of the screen.
- enter your full name, your username, your password, and your e-mail address and type in the words from the captcha.
- click on create my account.
- you can then click on any of the services you use to see if your friends from your e-mail contacts are on twitter, click on the service you use and enter your e-mail address and password, then click on continue. you can also click on skip this step at the bottom of the screen.
- you can select any of the famous twitters you want to follow and click on finish or click on skip this step at the bottom of the screen.
- you now have your twitter account, see, wasn't that easy!!
check back next week and I will walk you thru getting your twitter account all set up!